In partnership with the Maine Memory Network Maine Memory Network

Mexico Historical Society

Packard House and toll bridge, Ridlonville, ca. 1900

Contributed by Mexico Historical Society
MMN Item 78838 Item Details
Packard House and toll bridge, Ridlonville, ca. 1900
MMN Item 78838 Zoom

Description

The Packard Rooming House on the left of the photo was built in 1901.

On the first floor of the Packard Rooming House, Simeon D. Packard established his grocery store on one side, while on the opposite side of the first floor was a dress cutting school. Mr. and Mrs. Kellock opened and operated the dress cutting school, which later became the Post Office for several years during the early part of the century.

George Ridlon was instrumental in choosing the location of the toll bridge in the background. The toll bridge was opened to travel December 28,1893.

View additional information about this item on the Maine Memory Network.